Borderline Personality Disorder
Emotions feel overwhelming, relationships feel overwhelming, life feels overwhelming.
You've stumbled upon some ways to cope, maybe drugs, sex, food, self-harm, but you still feel empty and even suicidal sometimes. You're doing your best, but sometimes it feels like you're playing whack-a-mole with destructive behavior patterns and emotions....as soon as you feel you've knocked one out, another pops up. You may have borderline personality disorder.
What are the symptoms of borderline or bipolar personality disorder?
- You worry people might abandon you so you either avoid relationships, leave relationships first, or make frantic attempts to keep people in your life
- You tend to think in absolutes (good/bad, black/white, hot/cold, all/nothing)
- You don't have a solid sense of yourself and that leaves you feeling empty and lonely, even if, from the outside, life looks like it should be ok.
- You can be impulsive which has lead you to engage in self-destructive behaviors
- You think about, and maybe have attempted, suicide
- Your moods change quickly, are intense, and feel unpredictable
If you are struggling with borderline personality disorder, we can help. To treat borderline personality disorder, we use empirically validated methods, primarily DBT (Dialectical Behavioral Therapy), CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy), and mindfulness to help you manage your emotions and relationships and create a life full of meaning and value. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call or email us.